Thursday, 26 May 2016

Windows to Motherhood #3 Nicole



This is Nicole...


"When we decided to start trying for a family I assumed it would happen relatively quickly as I was young, healthy and fit but it took just over a year to fall pregnant with Ruby.  I loved being pregnant and enjoyed every minute. I assumed second time around would be the same so when I fell pregnant with Daisy I was shocked at how different two pregnancies could be.  I was admitted to hospital at 5 weeks pregnant and spent most of my pregnancy in and out of hospital as suffered from hyperemesis." 

"I am owner and director at Jungle Adventure Ltd (soft play centre) which we set up when Ruby was just 6 months old.  I am also an osteopath and still work part time at my clinic.  Our lives are pretty busy but we still make time for quality family time together."

"I sometimes feel guilty about working as much as I do but I am also aware that I couldn’t be a stay at home mum.  I love my children and love spending time with them but I also need to feel like I have my own identity and am not just ‘someone’s mum’.
The time I have with the children we try and make special and by working it allows us to have more opportunities as a family."

"I would like to think I am loving kind and patient but also quite strict.  I believe good manners are important and try to enforce good behaviour from the outset.  I also try to be silly fun and someone who my children look up to but also love spending time with."

"I am less judgmental now as everyone has different beliefs and sometimes you just have to do what works for you.  I find other mums are the worst critics and there is always someone telling you you are doing things wrong.  I have learnt to trust my instincts and do why is right for me and my family."

"When you have children it makes you worry about what the world will be like when they are older. When awful things happen it makes you realise how lucky you are to have the life that you have."


"Motherhood is an amazing experience, it is not always easy but defiantly always worth it.  I cant imagine not having children and find it hard to understand people who don’t want a family as to me that’s what life is all about. It is so much harder than I imagined but also so much more rewarding that I ever expected.  Its impossible to describe the amount of love you have for your children and how your life changes.  Within weeks of having children you cant remember or imagine your life with out them." 




Thank you Nicole xxx




Windows to Motherhood is an ongoing film photography project. You can see #1 and #2 or all editions here. If you would like to know or get involved and tell your story please get in touch at info@farliephotography.co.uk




If you would like more information on portrait sessions or any of my other photography services please see my website.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...